Friday, July 16, 2010

Obession Weekend: Day 2, YouTube


So, even I as write this, I am fully and completely distracted by YouTube. I keep switching back and forth between windows to check out videos. No, not Internet follies like David After Dentist or clips of cats looking adorable, but exceptional and brilliant vloggers. YouTube has shifted to create an online community sharing opinions, ideas, art, and experiences through video. It's amazing the popularity that some have gained all in the name of doing what they love.

Of course I'm watching people like Shane Dawson and iJustine but it's their secondary channels that I love. Unscripted they can be wild or insightful, and it's like having a conversation with a close friend. You learn more about someone that you haven't actually met. Sounds stalkerish... kinda. Anyways, I am completely in love with the lesser know vloggers making their way onto the scene. Some of my favorites include ChateauOfADoubt, ElectricFaerieDust, and TheBlueOfficeChair. My ultimate favorite, the reason I am now so YouTube obsessed is solely because of the VlogBrothers, John and Hank Green. Recently, they organized VidCon, an awesome event for YouTubers and fans to gather and mingle. According to everyone who attended it was life changingly amazing! Definitely planning to be part of the party next year (hopefully!). And so with each new video that fills my subscription box, my love of YouTube is ever expanding.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...